Sunday, August 3, 2008

Garden Mini-class

Recently I was asked to teach a Relief Society mini-class at home about gardening, since I've had a few years experience. I had about a dozen ladies attend and we met by the south patio and little pond. They had a lot of questions which hopefully I answered. I love this time of year in Heber--especially after we've had good rains and everything is green and blooming.


Our south patio and little pond with flowerbed of daylilies, phlox and mint. The frogs are happy!


This is our flower bed which Dave (Wendy's husband) thinks looks like a good spot for our final resting place!




Our large pond with goldfish, surrounded by a huge white fir tree, wild grape vines, vinca, columbine, lilies and other plants and an occasional snake (ick!) which likes the goldfish :(







View of our new north patio, a shady cool spot to relax in or barbeque.





Another view of pond, a magnetic attraction to all the neighborhood kids.


Looking south from patio


Looking out toward pond from new north patio


Gorgeous daylilies blooming in their best frocks




5 comments:

ClayandAmeeHensley said...

WOW. I needed to come to your mini class. Now that I have a big back yard I need it to have some color. I do have alot of grapes that I am excited about doing something with though. Your yard looks amazing.

Kristal said...

Everything looks so green! I wish I could be there enjoying the cool summer evenings on the patio. You were definately the best one to give the mini-class.

KaNdRa and JaReD said...

I don't think that I have seen the house look that nice! Hopefully it will still be nice when we come out in October. It looks so beautiful! You are amazing.

Anonymous said...

I never see you two, but I wanted to let you know how beautiful and perfect your place looks-- as good as anything in the gardening magazines! I love the new patio. Thank you for the beauty you create. I enjoy it each time I pass your home. TP

{nicole coombs} said...

I know its late to comment on this post but I just saw it. and I had to let you guys know how much I miss walking by your house this time of year it has always been so beautiful me and my mom always reffered to your place as the the little oasis in Heber. Miss you guys, and your little oasis!!
Nicole-