Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Kristal's digital wizardry

This Christmas Kristal made most of her Christmas gifts to economize and to get back to basics. She had been at our home in October for Kandra's baby's blessing and had taken a lot of random photos around my yard. When I opened my present from her at Christmas, it was this beautiful butterfly collage, matted (in white) and framed in black and was stunning! It took me a minute to start recognizing various parts of the collage--little frogs near a pond, funny troll in the front yard, bee birdhouse, row of flowerpots hanging under the eaves, etc. before I realized all the pictures (including the background) came from my yard. It is amazing what she can do with her photoshop program! Thanks again Kristal for a treasure! Just click on the picture to enlarge it to see the details. You can check for yourself her work at www.joyclan.blogspot.com or kristalsdigitalcreations.blogspot.com

6 comments:

ClayandAmeeHensley said...

That is so cool. Krystal is amazing with the things she does.. Alot of talent just like her mother..

Kristal said...

I'm glad you like it!

KaNdRa and JaReD said...

Geez Kristal you showed me up again. One of these days I will pull something out of left field and you won't be able to believe that I would be able to create something so great....seriously. I did make a pretty etched nativity scene for you.

DeAnne Baum said...

What a neat idea! It is beautiful.

Living Lavallee said...

Were all those flowers blooming in October? It is certainly beautiful!

Dawna Greer said...

Sibling rivalry! I must tell you, I feel really bad that Kandra is hurt because I mentioned the picture Kristal created, but didn't say that Kandra had created a beautiful etched glass Nativity scene for me that has held the place of honor on my piano throughout the holiday season. I have always wanted one like it. Unfortunately I have stored it away in one of my Christmas boxes in the garage and, though I have looked, I haven't located it to take a picture to post. That will have to wait till next year. . . Hopefully Kandra you know that your gift is just as special to me as the butterfly Kristal created.