Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Zippety Do Dah. . .what a wonderful day!

After a week of not so fun times, we felt like dancing as we left the doctor's office in Mesa today. As late as last night, Frank was still running a nocturnal fever and we were dreading going in to see the doctor for fear he would want to put him in the hospital "to find out what's going on" or something, not to mention give him another dose of chemo, which totally wipes him out and causes back and leg pain. Since we have plane tickets to Salt Lake City on Thursday, that would have been very sad and ruined our plans. Well, the doctor just said that his labs looked good and to wait until Frank finished the prescription to start chemo again. When we pressed him about the labs, we found that the IgG protein in his blood had gone down from about 2000 a month ago to 1068 this week. Hallelujah! Unbelievably, that is in the normal (great) range!!! In spite of the fact that he had only had two chemo treatments in the past 6 weeks (he should have had 11 in that time). . . The doctor said that it must be due to the chemo he got and I said "or the supplements I give him" :) The doctor said that he and I are a team. I'll accept that!

11 comments:

donnabigler said...

Hallelujah....and AMEN!!!!!!

Aunt Tiff said...

Great to hear!!! Hope you have fun in Salt Lake!

Kristal said...

WAHOO!!!! I am so glad to hear it!! Love you dad and I hope you continue to get better! Can't wait to see you two in a couple days!

KaNdRa and JaReD said...

What a burden lifted off! It's that 9th life kicking in:) Still take care of yourself dad:)

Tina McKinnon said...

Awesome! Have a great trip to SLC!!!

Skousen Seven said...

So glad your doing better dad!!!!
You and mom are an eternal team:)Have a great time with everyone in SL!

Skousen Seven said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karleen said...

I just read Jessica's post. And it made me think back to the time when I cranked up Shania Twain in the van and was dancing. I remember thinking how funny he was. I will always remember and cherish him as my coach and friend. I do have to tell you though I was not fond of the nicknames short stuff, short legs or twinkle toes. But I will forever remember and laugh when I think about you yelling them to me across the court during a basketball game. Love you!!!

The Merrills said...

Glad to hear the good news!

bdrain said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bdrain said...

Hope you are having a great time in Utah and we are so happy to hear that things are going in the right direction. We will keep praying that it continues!