Sunday, June 15, 2008

Updating and remodeling our house

The past several weeks we have been working hard trying to do some long-overdue remodeling, namely, replacing all our windows and doors and adding a deck to our north patio, plus scraping chipped paint, getting ready to repaint the house. Anyway the worst of it is over, just some cleaning up to do around the house, trying to figure out what to do with stored treasures that came from our greenhouse, which is no more! We hired Jonathan Cheney to to the carpentry work and he did an awesome job, taking out the old and making the new fit.

This shows the new windows for the garage and sewing room
Here, Jonathan Cheney is using a sledge hammer to tear out the old steps from our house to the back patio. He is a great carpenter! He's hoping Lance isn't mad at him for tearing them out. He remembers how upset Kristal and Kandra were at him for tearing down the fort Lance built across the road on property before Cheney's bought it.
The new windows for the front of the house.
Now the painters, Boyd Austin and crew from Snowflake, are done with the painting and I have been able to start putting out flowers and furniture on the south patio.
View of the front of the house with the new paint, etc. Like the blue trim?
New railing on the back deck. Still need to paint and replace the benches. Looking better though.

9 comments:

KaNdRa and JaReD said...

We really like what you did with the place. It's not as crazy as you made it out to be. We really like the windows. We can't wait to see it in person. So you better hurry and get it ready for us.
P.S. I'm also glad I didn't have to strip the paint off the house. Thanks!!!!

Kristal said...

Hey, I actually liked stripping the paint off the house (and eat it too, hahaha, maybe that's whats wrong with me). I love what you've done with the place. Jonathan has a good memory. Kandra and I cried and cried when they tore down Lance's fort.

THE MORRIS FAMILY said...

How exciting, looks like great up-dating!

I can understand the sadness for the old fort! I was sooo sad when they tore down the tree for the "roung swing" by the Beecrofts house. But the road is much improved going up the canyon now!

Becky said...

Wow, what a lot of work! Looks great!

Lonica said...

Doesn't it feel great to have completed house projects? Everything looks good.

ClayandAmeeHensley said...

Wow. Your house looks great. You and Dustin are really shaping up the neighborhood. Your place has always been one of my favorite. When I rounded that corner from being out of town, when I saw your home I new I was home.
It looks great..

The Reidheads said...

I like it! It looks great! Your whole neighborhood looks different but great!! Sure do love and miss you guys!

KaNdRa and JaReD said...

Mom, where is the new post???

KaNdRa and JaReD said...

Mom, where is the new post???