Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Come what MAY

I've been trying to post for a week or so but at the top of my blog where the sign- in bar is supposed to be there was only a blank white space. . .:( Don't know what that was all about. Anyway things look back to normal now so I hope I can remember what I was going to blog about.

Let's see--the wind continues to blow and blow most of the time which makes it pretty miserable to get outside to work in my yard or garden. Uhg! However, every time I feel like complaining, I think of the people in the midwest who have lost their homes or even lives and I feel very grateful that we and our homes are still intact.

I had managed to put 3 dozen sixpacks of flowers into pots ready to put out in the yard (grass and weeds don't seem to find their way into the pots--yeah!!) and then last night it froze good and lots of vinca and marigolds suffered accordingly. I'll have to replace them. Rats. I've been working on getting a water line (drip) to my newly planted grape and berry plants so I don't have to hand water them, but I keep having problems with too many leaks, etc. Will keep working on that. We bought a new riding lawn mower so now Frank does the mowing--nice. I also got a new weed-eater as my old one had completely worn out so now now there's no excuse I can't continue to do that job regularly.

We will leave for Las Vegas tomorrow and the wedding of our oldest grand daughter, Summer on Friday. We're looking forward to that. Before we leave Frank has a doctor's appt. in Show Low to see what direction he wants to go with his treatment. Always that hanging over his head. . .

We were looking forward to seeing all our kids in Las Vegas for the wedding but Kristal has been too sick with her pregnancy (has a feeding tube in which bypasses her stomach and goes into the small intestine)in order that she can get any nourishment to herself and the baby. The tube is VERY uncomfortable in her throat, making it raw and swollen and we're hoping she won't have to have it in the 4 to 8 weeks the doctor indicated. Anyway she won't be able to go to LV. Bless her heart!

4 comments:

Living Lavallee said...

Such a workhorse you are! My dad's first purchase after we all flew the coop was a riding lawn mower.

KaNdRa and JaReD said...

Can't wait to see you all today!! It should be nice here for you(no wind) so stay as long as you want!

Kristal said...

Hope all goes well with dad's appt. I wish I could see your yard. Wind or no I bet it is still beautiful. Have fun in LV. Wish I could be there, but you party it up extra just for me:)

Aunt Tiff said...

Poor Kristal!! You and Frank are amazing!!